A message from the Clerk’s Office
Are you unable to attend the polls or just looking for a more convenient way to vote? Vote absentee! All registered voters are eligible to vote absentee.
Don’t worry about remembering to look for an application every election. Sign up for our permanent absentee voter list to receive the applications in the mail automatically. Sign-up is easy. Simply submit a request online or call (734) 466-2121.
Returning your Application:
You may return your application in person at the Clerk's Office or drop it in the red box in front of City Hall. If you choose to mail your application, please remember that you will need to affix postage in order for it to reach us in a timely fashion.
An application can be obtained by:
- Picking up an application form from your local clerk
- Downloading an application for Absent Voter’s Ballot: Absent Voter Ballot Application 2023 (PDF)
- Sending a request letter or postcard to the City of Livonia Clerk’s Office
No one may pick up your absentee ballot other than you unless it is delivered to you by the U.S. Mail. This includes spouses, members of your family and friends.
Deadline for Applying for Absentee Ballot
- Application must be received by 5 p.m. on the Friday before the election.
- If after the deadline has passed and it is found an absent voter ballot is needed, the elector may go to the Clerk’s Office on any working day up to 4 p.m. of the day preceding election. Both application and voting the ballot will occur at this time.
Registration by Mail
Michigan law allows voter registration by mail, but those who do must cast the first vote in person. People who have disabilities, live overseas or are over the age of 60 are exempt.