USE OF "SHARPIES" TO MARK BALLOTS DIDN'T SPOIL VOTES
garage sale permits
Garage sale permits are now being issued by the Clerk’s Office. To apply for a permit, please download the Garage Sale Permit Application. Complete the form and include a check or money order. We are open to process your requests during regular business hours.
For your convenience, you may place this application in an envelope labeled “Garage Sale” and drop it in the red City mailbox in front of City Hall or you can mail it to:
City of Livonia – City Clerk’s Office
33000 Civic Center Drive
Livonia, MI 48154
Attn: Garage Sale
Welcome to the Clerk’s page for the City of Livonia. The Clerk’s Office is a primary point of contact for the public and strives to provide the highest quality of service to the community. The Clerk is an elected position that serves the community in many and varied ways, a sample of which can be found below.
The City Clerk provides the following services:
- Processes and issues various permits and business licenses
- Issues animal licenses
- Issues Dog Park passes
- Processes all documents relative to City for Ordinances, resolutions and actions taken by City Council
- Certifies birth and death records filed in the City of Livonia
- Oversees and administers all federal, state and local elections
- Registers new voters and new residents
- Approves receipts and expenditures of the City
- Administers required Oaths of Office
- Publishes and posts notices as required by City Ordinance and law
- Provides notary services
- Processes waiver use and rezoning petitions for review by the Planning Department
- Maintains permanent records, documents and Ordinances of the City of Livonia
- Handles mail distribution and postage for all City offices and departments
The City Clerk acts as the clerk to the City Council, taking in all materials to appear on Council Agendas and keeping a permanent record of City Council proceedings. The City Clerk's Office also maintains a permanent copy of all board and commission proceedings.
The City Clerk's Office now accepts credit and debit card payments in person.