Civil Service Mission Statement
Our associates are dedicated to providing quality human resource services. We are a team of professionals who believe in a common goal to continuously improve our operations while providing ethical and equitable treatment. Our energy is focused on excellence!
Your human resource need is our challenge.
The Civil Service Department administers the Personnel and Human Resources Program for approximately 600 regular full-time and part-time City employees. The Department oversees:
- The application of Rules and Regulations governing the terms and conditions of employment
- Employee and retiree benefit administration
- Examinations for employment and promotion
- Salary and wage administration
- Employment verification
Several hundred additional employees are hired each year, on a temporary basis, for library activities, recreational programs, police reserve and seasonal projects.
Summary of Services
- Dental Reimbursement Program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Training Programs
- Employee/Retiree Benefit Administration
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Administration
- Hospitalization/Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Optical Program
- Retirement Plan Administration
- Short Term Disability Income
- Workers' Compensation
collective bargaining agreements