Doing Business with the City?
Site plan review for proposed improvements to a given lot or parcel
Building Inspections & Permits: Structural, electrical, plumbing, demolition and moving, signs and zoning compliance
Permits for work within the public right-of-way
Demographic information, GIS Maps, Zoning Maps
License Registration for Building, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and Sign Contractors
Street, Streetlight, Sidewalk repairs/issues
Permits: Garage Sale, Block Party, Pets, Bicycles
Exemption of Personal Property Taxes
Cell Towers, wholesaler car dealer zoning approval
Birth & Death Records
Industrial, commercial & land development assistance
Issues Certificate of Occupancy
Inspect Public Construction work
Council Meetings, Agendas, Studies & Public Hearings
Letters providing Zoning District information
Letters providing historical record on property zoning violations
Review plans for public improvements
Starting a business in Livonia? Tips to help you get started...
● Apply for a business license if applicable to your line of business. (Contact your Clerks office for details)
● Apply for necessary building permits to remodel, renovate, expand etc. (Contact your Building & Inspection Department to discuss necessary permit needs. Click here for Building/Inspection Applications)
● Thinking about new exterior signage for your business. (Consult with your Planning Department for details. Click here for application for signage approval)
● Questions for small businesses questions, needs or assistance? (Contact the Schoolcraft College Business Development Center or Pure Michigan Business Connect)
● Network and Advertise. Joining your Livonia Chamber of Commerce is a great starting point to meet other professionals and let the community know about your new or expanding business with a grand opening and/or ribbon cutting event.