Election Precinct Inspectors
The Clerk’s Office is now accepting applications for precinct inspectors. The position is limited to working on all General and City election days scheduled for the City of Livonia. In order to qualify, a precinct inspector must be a registered voter within Wayne County and a United States citizen. This is a great opportunity to serve your community and to be part of the election process.
Precinct inspectors must be able to:
- Work closely with others
- Assemble simple voting stations
- Read and write legibly in the English language
- Perform simple math calculations
- Follow instructions provided by the precinct Chairperson
- Possess inter-personal skills to work with a diverse community population
- Attend an educational training program (mandatory every 2 years by State of Michigan)
Election Inspector Application
If you are interested in becoming a precinct inspector, download the Electronic Inspector Application and return it to the Clerk’s Office. Or, you may pick up the application in person at the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours. For additional information, please call 734.466.2235.
Inspector and Equipment Manuals
Precinct Inspector manuals are now available to download. Please see links below:
Rate of Pay and hours:
Hours are from 6:00 a.m. until approximately 9:00 p.m. (Or, until the last voter has cast their ballot and the processing and cleanup is completed.) All inspectors are required to stay and help in the close out processing and clean up. The precinct chairperson will dismiss you.