1927th Regular Meeting of the Council of the City of Livonia
Monday, August 23, 2021
7:00 p.m. - City Hall Auditorium
33000 Civic Center Drive Livonia, Michigan
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATION OF MINUTES - Minutes of the 1926th Regular Meeting of August 9, 2021
REPORTS FROM THE MAYOR AND OTHER CITY OFFICIALS
1. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Justin Ellsworth, Old Rosedale Gardens Homeowners Association, re: to show family friendly movies beginning at dusk until the end of the movie on Saturday, September 18, 2021 in Kleinert Park.
2. BLOCK PARTY: Louis Palmer, re: with music, to be held Saturday, September 11, 2021, from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Beacon Avenue, from Boston Post Road to dead end of Beacon Avenue, with rain date of Saturday, September 18, 2021.
3. REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATION AND EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, Re: for an additional $25,550.00 to cover the unexpected increase in cost of previously approved vehicles, from budgeted funds. (CR 166-21 and CR 169-21)
4. REQUEST TO APPROVE HOURLY RATE INCREASE: Department of Civil Service, re: for the classification of Seasonal Laborers.
5. REQUEST FOR APPROVAL TO ENTER INTO AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN SMART AND THE CITY OF LIVONIA: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the Municipal Credit Contract for the period July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022, with all Credits to be used for the Livonia Community Transit Program.
6. AUDIT REPORT: Livonia Housing Commission, re: for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2020, excluding Silver Village, Newburgh Village, the Community Development Block Grant Program, and single-family City-Owned properties.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS - MEETINGS OF THE COMMITTEE
7. COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE - MEETING OF JUNE 23, 2021
a. Subject matter to authorize the Parks and Recreation Commission to set certain fees and charges for activities at the Livonia Senior Citizen Center and Greenmead, as well as league athletic play, and outdoor activities and rentals. (CR 377-20)
8. FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING OF AUGUST 11, 2021
a. Subject of Advance Budget Reviews Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Pre-Budget Meeting (CR 161-12)
9. PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO ZONING ORDIANCE NO. 543, AS AMENDED: Department of Law, re: Petition 2021-06-01-04 submitted by Speedway L.L.C., to rezone the properties at 13950 Merriman Road and 31324, 31330 and 31374 Schoolcraft Road, located on the northeast corner of Schoolcraft and Merriman Roads in the Southwest ¼ of Section 23, from C-1, Local Business to C-2, General Business. Public Hearing held on August 2, 2021.
10. ROLL CALL: Department of Law, re: Petition 2020-12-06-03, to consider the adoption of a compiled and revised LIVONIA VISION 21 Zoning Ordinance and LIVONIA VISION 21 Zoning Map. The proposed LIVONIA VISION 21 Zoning Ordinance provides new definitions, creates several new zoning districts and deletes several existing districts, updates the list of permitted and waiver land uses for each zoning district, provides new requirements and regulations for lot sizes, building setbacks, and lot coverages, off street parking, signs, alternative energy systems, and other regulations for structures and uses, including a new form-based development option for the City’s commercial districts. First Reading given by Councilmember Jim Jolly on August 9, 2021.
11. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Nick Cornell, General Manager, Supernatural Spirits and Brewing LLC, re: to host the Wildwood Sour Fest event on Saturday, August 28, 2021, from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. with live music and DJs on property located at 36685 Plymouth Road.
12. REQUEST TO WAIVE THE CITY’S NOISE ORDINANCE: Nick Cornell, General Manager, Supernatural Spirits and Brewing LLC, re: to host the Oktoberfest event on Saturday, September 25, 2021, from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. with live music and DJs on property located at 36685 Plymouth Road.
13. REQUEST TO APPROVE HOURLY RATE INCREASE: Department of Civil Service, re: for the classification of Substitute Librarian.
14. REQUEST TO APPROVE AMENDMENT TO CONTRACT AND AUTHORIZE ADDITIONAL EXPENDITURE: Department of Public Works, re: to include an additional segment of water main replacement on Seven Mile (between Meadowridge Drive and Inkster Road) under DWRF Project 7453-01, and provide payment to Bidigare Contractors, Inc. and OHM Advisors in an amount not to exceed $568,050.00 for these services, from budgeted funds. (CR 180-21)
15. REQUEST TO FORFEIT LANDSCAPING/ENTRANCE MARKER BOND: Engineering Division, re: for Rosati Industrial Park Subdivision, located on the west side of Stark Road, between Schoolcraft Road and Plymouth Road, in the South 1/2 of Section 28.
SUSAN M. NASH, CITY CLERK
In accordance with Title II of the American with Disabilities Act as it pertains to access to Public Meetings, the City Clerk’s Office of the City of Livonia, upon adequate notice, will make reasonable accommodations for persons with special needs. Please call (734) 466-2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. Council agendas are available on the City’s website – www.livonia.gov - under Government, City Council, Agendas.