Parks & Recreation
Weather cancelation Hotline (734) 466-2299
MDHHS Epidemic Order
Due to the current MDHHS Epidemic Order, several activities are modified. The order was most recently updated Feb. 4.
The following will remain open/available:
- Modified open swim (lap swimming in both pools; lap pool by reservation during peak hours; unavailable 4:30-6:30 p.m. Mon-Thu. due to swim team practice); river walk; spa (hot tub).
- Open Gyms (with restrictions, by reservation)
- Fitness equipment.
- Mercy Elite, personal training and massage.
- Kids Quarters
- Winter I swim classes, synchro and private lessons began Jan. 4. Winter II begins March 8.
- Winter I group fitness, leisure classes, martial arts, water exercise classes, athletics classes, and most senior center programs began the week of Jan. 18. Winter II begins March 15.
- Civic Park Senior Center curbside pickup for food distribution.
- Civic Park Senior Center is open with limited activities (since Jan. 18; January/February schedule is the same).
- Organized contact sports such as adult basketball and floor hockey leagues (will resume with regular spring schedules).
- Mother/Son and Daddy/Daughter Dances rescheduled from February to May 14-15.
The following are canceled or closed until the State revises the Epidemic Order:
- Leisure pool water features, slide, sauna.
- Tree Fort
- All indoor facility rentals at Kirksey Recreation Center, Greenmead Historical Park and Civic Park Senior Center.
- February Cardboard Boat Races and Indoor Triathlon canceled.
- Your account has been transferred to our new system.
- Please stop at the desk to verify your email address and update your picture.
- When you login for the first time, you will need to request a password.
2022-26 Parks Master Plan
We are beginning the process of putting together our next five-year Parks and Recreation Master Plan and we want your input. If you live in the community, participated in our programs, or have used our parks or facilities, we want to know what you think. Please take 8-10 minutes to respond to our survey at the link below by Feb. 21. It'll help us evaluate what we currently have and then create actionable goals for improving our park system and recreation programs over the next several years.
You will also have an option to enter into a prize drawing at the end of the survey.
The Livonia Parks and Recreation Department is proud to offer Livonia youth, ages 17 and younger, a scholarship program to make recreation programs and activities affordable for as many youths as possible. As of Nov. 30, we are accepting applications for 2021.
The scholarship, funded by St. Mary Mercy Livonia through the Healthy Livonia initiative, is designed to assist Livonia families financially by subsidizing the cost of programs up to a maximum of $300 per child, per year; on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Livonia Parks and Recreation will cover 85% of the program fee and the parent/guardian will be responsible for 15% of the fee per approved program. Funds available based upon donations and sponsorship of the program. This scholarship is another example of community partners breaking down barriers for youth participation in exercise, enrichment and activities.
Parks and Recreation Mission
PARKS AND RECREATION Vision
Strive for excellence through innovation, collaboration, and partnerships.
PARKS AND RECREATION Values
- Quality – We strive for excellence through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Inclusion – We respect people, value diversity, are committed to equality, and strive for equity.
- Integrity – We are honest and fair in all our actions.
- Service-driven – We are committed to serving the needs of our patrons.
- Community – The foundation of our success is built upon volunteers, partnerships, and collaborations.
- Play – Embracing fun at every age.
- Wellness – We promote seven dimensions of wellness: Physical, Intellectual, Environmental, Vocational, Social, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Stewardship – We are committed to preserving our parks and facilities for current and future generations.