Parks and Recreation
The Livonia Parks and Recreation Department is proud to offer Livonia youth, ages 17 and younger, a scholarship program to make recreation programs and activities affordable for as many youths as possible. As of Dec. 1, 2022, we are accepting applications for 2023. Allocated funds may be used during the calendar year awarded.
The scholarship, funded by St. Mary Mercy Livonia through the Healthy Livonia initiative, is designed to assist Livonia families financially by subsidizing the cost of Parks and Recreation programs up to a maximum of $300 per child, per year; on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Youth Scholarship will cover 85% of the program fee and the parent/guardian will be responsible for 15% of the fee per approved program. Funds are available based on donations and sponsorship of the program. This scholarship is another example of community partners breaking down barriers to youth participation in exercise, enrichment, and activities.
- How do I rent a pavilion?
- How do I rent a field?
- Where are all the parks located?
- What are the field numbers at each park?
- What are the pool hours?
- How do I sign up for a Recreation Center membership?
- How do I request a refund?
- What's different at Kirksey Recreation Center due to COVID-19?
- How do I request an EFT cancelation?
Now Hiring for Multiple Positions
Memories of hanging out at the public pool or hitting that fitness milestone wouldn't be possible without staff keeping watch at those locations and being the face bringing a great experience to our members. Join the team in one of these part-time positions:
- Group Exercise Instructors (starting at $22.00 per hour, Level 9)
- Building Supervisors (starting at $16.15 per hour, Level 6)
- Swim Instructor (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Camp Supervisor ( $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Climbing Wall Staff (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Volleyball Instructor (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Preschool Activity Instructor (starting at $15.05 per hour, Level 5)
- Lifeguards* (starting at $14.45 per hour, Level 4)
*$155 certification reimbursement available.
- Camp Counselors ( $13.75 per hour, Level 3)
- Front Desk Staff (starting at $13.75 per hour, Level 3)
- Park Attendants ($13.10 per hour, Level 2)
- Facility Attendants (starting at $12.37 per hour, Level 1)
Check out all the options available and apply here! Pay rates raised in 2022! Free recreation center membership!
Parks and Recreation Master Plan Approved
Thanks to a lot of public input, we now have an approved 2022-26 Five-Year Parks and Recreation Plan! Approved by City Council March 23, 2022, this document will help guide the department for the next several years.
Parks and Recreation Mission
PARKS AND RECREATION Vision
Strive for excellence through innovation, collaboration, and partnerships.
PARKS AND RECREATION Values
- Quality – We strive for excellence through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Inclusion – We respect people, value diversity, are committed to equality, and strive for equity.
- Integrity – We are honest and fair in all our actions.
- Service-driven – We are committed to serving the needs of our patrons.
- Community – The foundation of our success is built upon volunteers, partnerships, and collaborations.
- Play – Embracing fun at every age.
- Wellness – We promote seven dimensions of wellness: Physical, Intellectual, Environmental, Vocational, Social, Emotional, and Spiritual.
- Stewardship – We are committed to preserving our parks and facilities for current and future generations.