Kiwanis Club Scholarships
Friday, April 12, 2019
Download the application from the Livonia Kiwanis Club's Scholarships page.
All students applying for the Fernon Feenstra Scholarship Program must plan to graduate from high school in Spring 2019.
Mr. Sunshine Scholarship
This scholarship is available to all graduating high school seniors who meet the requirements listed in the Residency Requirements section. A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher is recommended.
Schoolcraft College Technical Scholarship
This scholarship is available to all graduating high school seniors who meet the requirements listed in the Residency Requirements section, and who plan to enroll full-time in a technical skills program at Schoolcraft College in the Fall. Recipients of this award may also be eligible for a scholarship-matching program offered by the Schoolcraft College Foundation. A GPA of 2.5 or higher is recommended.
Must meet at least one of the following residency requirements:
- Student is enrolled in a Livonia or Clarenceville area high school (including students whose primary residence is outside of Livonia or Clarenceville).
- Student has a primary residence in Livonia or Clarenceville. This requirement includes students who are home-schooled or attend public/private schools outside of Livonia.
The applicant must have been accepted by and plan to attend a university, community college, vocational training center, or other qualifying educational institution. Proof of full-time enrollment for Fall 2019 must be available by June 2019.
The applicant must submit two recommendation forms, one to be completed by a high school staff member and one to be completed by an adult in a community service program leadership position. The recommendations may not be provided by a relative of the applicant. All components of the scholarship application packet (application form, essay, and two recommendations) must be received by the Kiwanis Club of Livonia no later than Friday, April 12, 2019. Packet information received after April 12th will not be considered.
Applicants may submit packets in one of the following ways:
- Hand-deliver the packet to Dawnne Toppa at the Livonia Chamber of Commerce before the close of business on Friday, April 12.
- Mail the packet to the address below no later than Friday, April 5 to ensure timely delivery to the following address:
Livonia Kiwanis Scholarship Committee
C/O Livonia Chamber of Commerce
33000 Five Mile Road
Livonia, MI 48154
- Email the packet to the Kiwanis Club by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, April 12. For the email subject line, please state "Scholarship Application for (Applicant First and Last Name)."